You’ve found the webpage for the MWCCS NCAB, the National Community Advisory Board for the MWCCS Study!
A Community Advisory Board (CAB) is a collective group of study participants and organization representatives that provide community information and assistance to the research project. Each of the MWCCS study sites has a local CAB and study participants are encouraged to participate in order to help build and foster partnerships between researchers and local study communities impacted by HIV/AIDS.
This is the inaugural webpage for the NCAB and we’ve included content that we think will be of interest to our study participants. This includes the merger announcement of the MACS & WIHS NCABs into the new MWCCS NCAB, our first edition of the NCAB News, a video overview of Visit 101, and Study Perspectives, personal reflections about the study written by our members.
Study Visit Updates
- V101 Overview Video
- V102- Coming soon!
NCAB Organizational Documents
- MWCCS National Community Advisory Board
- NCAB Merger Announcement– The men and women’s NCABs have merged to create the MWCCS NCAB. Please check out this announcement to learn more about the merger and how to get involved at your local site!
- NCAB Mission
- NCAB Bylaws- Coming soon!
NCAB Member Perspectives
- Who Makes up the MWCCS Participants? An Introduction to Selected Study Participants
- The Combined Value of Our Contributions to AIDS Research: A Study Participant’s Personal Perspective on Years of Study Participation
- Living with HIV in Rural Areas- Finding Help and Empowerment with MWCCS
If you are unable to open any of the documents or articles on this site, please download Adobe Reader here.