Welcome & What’s New!
You’ve found the webpage for the MWCCS NCAB, the National Community Advisory Board for the MWCCS Study!
Viewers of this site may make the font size larger by holding down the Ctrl key and moving the mouse wheel up or down.
A Community Advisory Board (CAB) is a collective group of study participants and organization representatives that provide community information and assistance to the research project. Each of the MWCCS study sites has a local CAB and study participants are encouraged to participate in order to help build and foster partnerships between researchers and local study communities impacted by HIV/AIDS.
This is the inaugural webpage for the NCAB and we’ve included content that we think will be of interest to our study participants. This includes the merger announcement of the MACS & WIHS NCABs into the new MWCCS NCAB, our first edition of the NCAB News, a video overview of Visit 101, and Study Perspectives, personal reflections about the study written by our members.
- MWCCS Participant Thank You Video
- NCAB News – Spring 2021
- NCAB News – Summer-Fall 2021 – English
- NCAB News – Summer-Fall 2021 – Spanish
- NCAB News – Winter 2022 – English
Study Visit Updates
NCAB Organizational Documents
- MWCCS National Community Advisory Board
- NCAB Merger Announcement– The men and women’s NCABs have merged to create the MWCCS NCAB. Please check out this announcement to learn more about the merger and how to get involved at your local site!
- NCAB Mission
- NCAB Bylaws
NCAB Scientific Presentations and Documents
- 2022-10-11 NCAB Science Day Presentations
- Selected MWCCS HIV Research Lay Language Summaries
- 2021-10-18 NCAB Science Day Presentations
- 2022-5-16 NCAB Science Day Presentations
Introduction to HIV Cure
NCAB Member Perspectives
- HIV Plus Magazine 2021 Amazing People Living with HIV
- Who Makes up the MWCCS Participants? An Introduction to Selected Study Participants
- The Combined Value of Our Contributions to AIDS Research: A Study Participant’s Personal Perspective on Years of Study Participation
- Living with HIV in Rural Areas- Finding Help and Empowerment with MWCCS
If you are unable to open any of the documents or articles on this site, please download Adobe Reader here.
Last updated – 11/16/2022