How can I join the MWCCS study?
The MWCCS is enrolling new participants who live in study site areas and meet eligibility criteria. We will recruit men and women who are living with HIV, as well as men and women who are at risk for HIV. We have study sites in Alabama, California, Florida, Georgia, Illinois, Maryland, Mississippi, New York, Ohio, Pennsylvania, and Washington, DC. To learn more about enrollment in your state, visit Study Locations.
- Participants must be between 30 and 70 years old.
- Participants must be able and willing to give informed consent.
- Participants must be able to participate in a baseline visit.
- Participants must be willing and able to have blood drawn for laboratory testing. Participants must consent to have their specimens stored in the MWCCS national repository.
- Participants can be HIV-negative or living with HIV. Participants must agree to be re/tested for HIV if hardcopy documentation of a reactive result is unavailable; all HIV-negative individuals must agree to regular HIV testing in accordance with the protocol stated timeline.
- HIV testing
- Blood draws and physical exam