How can I join the STAR study?
STAR is enrolling new participants who live in study site areas and meet eligibility criteria. We are recruiting reproductive age women who are living with, or at risk for, HIV.
- Women must be between 18-45 years of age
- Women must be female at birth
- Women must be able and willing to give informed consent
- Women must be able to complete the interview in English or Spanish
- Women must be willing and able to have blood drawn and stored
- Women must consent to abstraction of pregnancy related outcomes, including infant demographic, clinical characteristics, and outcomes
Participants will be asked to attend semi-annual study visits for at least 2 years, then will be contacted every ~3-6 months to facilitate study retention for the duration of the study period. Women may be asked to attend additional visits for pregnancy or sub-studies.
Site Recruitment Contacts
If you are interested in joining our study or just learning more about STAR, please reach out to the recruitment contact closest to your home.
Atlanta, GA: Trashawn Cook
Chapel Hill, NC: Francesca Prince
- Visit this page to learn more about the Washington, DC STAR site