Study participants enrolled into the WIHS study attend the WIHS clinical sites to complete the interview, laboratory testing, and exams.
From 1993-2012, the WIHS was conducted at six clinical sites.
- New York City Consortium
- State University of New York at Brooklyn
- Metropolitan Washington, D.C. Consortium
- Los Angeles/Southern California Consortium
- San Francisco/Bay Area Consortium
- Chicago Consortium
In 2013, the Los Angeles/Southern California Consortium closed and four new clinical sites from the southern United States were added.
- Atlanta, Georgia
- Chapel Hill, North Carolina
- Miami, Florida
- Birmingham, Alabama/Jackson, Mississippi.
Since 1997, the WIHS Data Management and Analysis Center (WDMAC) has been located at the Johns Hopkins University Bloomberg School of Public Health in Baltimore, Maryland.
Clinical Site Details
New York City Consortium – Principal Investigators, Dr. Kathryn Anastos and Dr. Anjali Sharma; Project Director, Oluwakemi Sosanya.
- Montefiore Medical Center
State University of New York at Brooklyn – Principal Investigators, Dr. Howard Minkoff and Dr. Deborah Gustafson; Project Director, Susan Holman.
- SUNY Brooklyn – STAR Program
- King’s County Medical Center
Washington, D.C., Consortium – Principal Investigator, Dr. Seble Kassaye; Project Director, Lakshmi Goparaju.
- Georgetown University Medical Center
- Montgomery County Health Department
- Inova Health System of Northern Virginia
Los Angeles, Southern California Consortium – Principal Investigator, Dr. Joel Milam.
- USC, Keck School of Medicine
- Santa Barbara County Department of Health Services
- Prototypes/W.A.R.N. + Women’s Health
San Francisco/Bay Area Consortium – Principal Investigators, Dr. Ruth Greenblatt, Dr. Phyllis Tien, and Dr. Bradley Aouizerat; Project Director, Jennifer Cohen.
- Highland Hospital
- San Francisco General Hospital
- Mount Zion Hospital
Chicago Consortium – Principal Investigators, Dr. Mardge Cohen and Dr. Audrey French; Project Director, Kathleen Weber.
- Cook County Hospital, CORE Center
- University of Illinois at Chicago
- Rush-Presbyterian-St. Luke’s Medical Center
Atlanta, Georgia – Principal Investigators, Dr. Igho Ofotokun and Dr. Gina Wingood; Project Director, Antonina Foster.
- Emory University
Chapel Hill, North Carolina – Principal Investigator, Dr. Ada Adimora; Project Director, Catalina Ramirez.
- University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill
Miami, Florida – Principal Investigators, Dr. Margaret Fischl and Dr. Lisa Metsch; Project Director, Hancy Brignol.
- University of Miami
Birmingham, Alabama – Principal Investigators, Dr. Mirjam-Colette Kempf and Dr. Deborah Konkle-Parker; Project Directors, Zenoria Causey and Venetra McKinney.
- University of Alabama at Birmingham
- University of Mississippi at Jackson