CKiD Cognitive Assessment Training
Individuals who are responsible for administering the neurocognitive assessments but are not familiar with the tests will need to complete the necessary training prior to performing testing on a CKiD participant. Below are the training steps to complete for each cognitive assessment.
NIH Toolbox - Cognitive Test Administration Training
- Complete the NIH Toolbox online training curriculum (specific sections listed below) http://www.healthmeasures.net/NIH_Toolbox_iPad_e-learning/story_html5.html
- Introduction/Using the NIH Toolbox App
- Cognitive Domain
- Emotion Domain
- Review MOP Section 38 (NIH Toolbox Abbreviated User's Manual) as reference guide during testing. The MOP provides important instructions as well as guides/worksheets needed for test administration. The manual also provides specific instructions on how to name your participants and how to export the files in order for them to be sent/emailed to the Clinical Coordinating Center (CCC).
Coordinators who will not be administering the NIH Toolbox will also need to be familiar with how to navigate the app, set-up a participant's profile, how to select age-appropriate tests and export data files to the CCC. Below are the basic steps to complete:
- Complete relevant sections of the on-line self-paced training including:
- Introduction/Using the NIH Toolbox App- http://www.healthmeasures.net/NIH_Toolbox_iPad_e-learning/story_html5.html
- Watch the CKiD NIH Toolbox Webinar - https://bluejeans.com/s/3Xz1G
- Review MOP Section 38 (NIH Toolbox Abbreviated User's Manual)
- Note instructions regarding participant profile set up and exporting data
- Optional participation in the monthly follow-up calls with the CKiD regional psychologists
WPPSI- IV & WASI- II Cognitive Test Administration
- Read the relevant sections of the WPPSI - IV and WASI-II manuals
- Read Chapter 2, "General Testing, Administration, and Scoring Guidelines" up to page 49.
- You DO NOT need to read page 50 and beyond. Beginning on page 47, you will only be asked to complete Steps 1, 2 of "Completing the Summary Page." You will not need to complete Step 3 on page 50.
- Read Chapter 3 "General Testing Considerations" beginning on page 37 with "General Testing Guidelines" through page 60.
- Read Chapter 4 "Subtest Administration and Scoring" page 61, and then skip to pages 69-90 (Vocabulary) and 91-94 (Matrix Reasoning).
Comments- Please note that test administrators should also:
- Know how to pronounce all of the words in the Vocabulary subtests, for both the WASI and WPPSI.
- Become very familiar with the WASI-2 Stimulus Book and the appropriate stimulus books for the WPPSI-IV.
- Become familiar with the relevant tables for scoring in each manual.
- While you need to know and record the exact age of the child at the time of testing for proper scoring, please be advised that the date of birth should NEVER be recorded on the cognitive CKiD forms.
- No need to practice rating scales outside of checking for completeness