Blood Pressure Certification
Blood pressure certification for the CKiD study needs to be completed annually. It is primarily the responsibility of the site to train at least one other person at the clinical site to take BP measurements for CKiD study visits. Only the DCC is able to certify people.
Below are the CKiD BP training materials and the link to the online BP certification test.
Manual of Procedures Sections
- Section 16: Blood Pressure Measurement
- Section 27: Blood Pressure Measurement Training and Certification
- Section 28: Blood Pressure Measurement Quality Control
Blood Pressure Training Presentations
- Lecture #1: Blood Pressure Measurement Problem Solving
- Lecture #2: Calibration Check of Mabis Medic Aneriod Device
- Lecture #3: Blood Pressure Recording Procedure
CKiD BP Certification Test
- Link to online test: http://statepiaps8.jhsph.edu/bpc/index.html
- To pass, you must be within +/- 2mm Hg of correct answer and miss no more than 2 questions. Please note that the BP test can only be taken once per day. If you do not pass, you can re-take the test anytime the next day.
- All readings on the sphygmomanometer are made to the nearest even digit. Any reading that appears to fall exactly between markings on the column should be read to the next marking immediately above, i.e., 2, 4, 6, 8, or 0.
- For your convenience, you can use this answer sheet to record your answers to the BP test before submitting your test online.
You must use Firefox or Chrome to view the video files correctly. Alternatively, you can use the DVD included in your site's BP training manual to watch the test videos.